Who are we?
We are youth from the LGBTQI community and its supporters in Albania and we have formed the PINK Youth Group (PYG). Our main objectives are to collaborate with the rest of the young LGBTQI community and share our stories, talk about what concerns us, solve our problems, have fun, contribute on PINK Embassy projects which supports us and above all be young and enjoy our life by having as many activities which bring about a change in our lives and that of the people around us.
Where does PYG gather?
We gather at the PINK Embassy offices each Thursday 17:00-19:00 with the collaboration of Tani, Eni and Ergys and the help of the youth group who come more and more to our meetings.
What are our activities?
During the Thursday meetings we discuss about our rights, LGBT community life at schools, work, streets and society etc. We speak about dialogue with parents, family and friends regarding our rights. We get informed about the ways how to protect ourselves, who to live a better life and how to be OK with our sexual identity and orientation. Our discussions and debates are followed by educational games, videos documentaries, group therapy etc.
Why PYG is important to us?
By engaging with PYG we have managed to build a better reality for ourselves and the friends around us. Gradually we are finding ways how to contribute within our group, how to bring changes, how to be stronger and safer about what we are and represent.
We are here to:
- build a community which is proud of itself
- empower the community and strengthen trust in oneself
- inform the community on any matter of interest to them
- to be an open door for any young LGBTQI individual who wishes to join us or speak to us.
What are some of our activities?
- Contribution about the PINK E-news monthly publication with community feedback, articles, testimonials, interviews, suggestions, comments etc.
- Creation of the PINK theatre with LGBT themed shows.
- Contribute at PINK lectures at universities and informational campaigns for youth, community and society.
- Participation at excursions, trips in groups and picnics in or out of town.
- Keeping contact with LGBTQI youth from other towns.
- Organize and participate on the monthly party in one of the city’s clubs etc.
If you want to join PINK Youth Group please send us an e-mail at [email protected]